Thursday, July 3, 2008

All quiet on the Casting Front....

This "non-strike" sure does feel like a strike.  It's had a chilling effect on productions being able to get moving.  But it is giving me plenty of time to work on the AreUaStar website, which I invite you to check out (http://www.AreUaStar.com).

Camryn Manheim will be added to the site next week doing a v-blog and she's got a really cool analysis called "Evolution of an Audition" that will be up in addition to her v-blog.  So make sure you check back with the site soon.

I love the 4th of July.  Fireworks and block parties are two of my favorite things.  Pretty sure it comes from being a small kid living on a cul de sac where the teenagers let me light off fireworks at a very early age.  That, and winning the watermelon seed spitting contest were early childhood highlights.

Have a great 4th.  Some big movies out there - I still haven't seen "Get Smart".  I saw "Wanted" and hated it.  Too much blood for my taste.




1 comment:

BAER THIS IN MIND said...

Yes, this "non-strike" feels like a stike for us too. My husband is a cinematographer who usually shoots independent films in the $3M-$10M range. But now with the studios holding off on projects, larger studio DPs and crew are taking Independent Films that have SAG waivers... So we are feelin' it here. On the flipside, as a producer, my gut feeling is that now it the time to "go" on my second feature. I should take advantage of the larger name talent.

 

zimmer durom cup