Friday, June 13, 2008

Why I started AreUaStar.com

I've had this idea in my head for probably 5 years or so, but I've been so busy casting television shows, that I never had time to build the site. Until now. You would have thought I would have done it during the writer's strike, when we ALL had so much time on our hands, but instead we spent a lot of time in the gym, at Starbucks, on the golf course and baking.

So, finally, I sat down with the help of a creative friend and created AreUaStar.com. This site will allow aspiring actors and actresses from all over the world to have me and my dream team of Casting Directors evaluate their star potential. I've also tried to make sure that the site has good information on it that could be helpful to people living outside the entertainment circles of Hollywood and New York - to help them understand more about Hollywood, and what a career in show business means.

There will be celebrity guest star video blogs (check out the first one - Jane Lynch- from "Best in Show", "A Mighty Wind" and "40 year old Virgin") and interviews with successful people who make an impact on the lives of actors daily. Casting Directors, directors, writers - you'll be able to get straight information from these folks.

And - I'm going to shoot straight too. As a Casting Director for 25 years, I'm hired to give producers and studios my real opinions about actors talent and star ability. I don't pay lip service - if someone isn't good, or doesn't have what it takes - I tell it like it is.

I love helping actors. I've been good at it for a long time, and now I hope to be able to widen my reach, by letting people know what it would be like to be in front of me in an audition - and to really see if they have the "it" factor- that intangible thing that we have all seen in our favorite stars.

So, please check out the site and tell your friends about it. Find out if YOU have what it takes to make it in Hollywood. AreUaStar?

I'll be back soon to talk about our latest projects - including a film for MTV and the Alicia Keys Dove Webisodes that are now airing.

www.areuastar.com

No comments:

 

zimmer durom cup